Friday, May 22, 2015

Mother Quotes from a daughter

By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong.

 Call your mother. Tell her you love her

.“...you are my rainbow to keep. My eyes will always be watching you; never will I lose sight of you.” ― Vesna Bailey

Jodi Picoult“All I know is that I carried you for nine months. I fed you, I clothed you, I paid for your college education. Friending me on Facebook seems like a small thing to ask in return.”
― Jodi PicoultSing You Home


Adrienne Rich
“Probably there is nothing in human nature more resonant with charges than the flow of energy between two biologically alike bodies, one of which has lain in amniotic bliss inside the other, one of which has labored to give birth to the other. The materials are here for the deepest mutuality and the most painful estrangement.

“I'm blessed and I couldn't be more grateful. Do you want to know why? Because I'm a mother, but that's only half of it. I'm blessed because, when I need to, I can still just be a daughter. I get the feeling that there is nothing more precious than to have both of these roles, simultaneously.” 
― Adrienne Trupiano
Anita Diamant
“The more a daughter knows the details of her mother's life [...] the stronger the daughter.” 

Brenda Sutton Rose
“My mother’s dress bears the stains of her life:
blueberries, blood, bleach,
and breast milk;
She cradles in her arms a lifetime
of love and sorrow;
Its brilliance nearly blinds me.”
― Brenda Sutton Rose


“A mother’s love is like an everlasting bed of roses, that continues to blossom. A mother’s love bears strength, comfort, healing and warmth. Her beauty is compared to a sunny day that shines upon each rose petal and inspires hope.”
― Ellen J. Barrier

No comments:

Post a Comment